|Your cart is currently empty|
- New Products
- Accessorize Your Rig
- Adventure Motorcycle Gear
- Air Compressors and Air Accessories
- Air Intake Snorkels
- ARB Air Lockers
- Bumpers and Bull Bars
- Camping Equipment
- Goal Zero
- Lighting Products
- Portable Fridge/Freezers & Accessories
- Recovery Gear
- Roof Racks & Accessories
- Rooftop Tents & Awnings
- SPOT GPS
- Stickers/ Swag
- Storage & Security
- Suspension & Lift Kits
- Trail Armor
- Vehicle Accessories
(0.0 on 0)
Slimline II Full Rack / Extreme / Jeep Wrangler JK - 5 Door
This full size Slimline II kit contains a 7' 9” long Slimline II tray, a wind deflector, and the JK Extreme mounting system.
Jeep Wranglers are notorious for the lack of storage space. Front Runner offers a game changing solution for those want a rugged and sophisticated cargo carrying roof rack.
The JK Extreme mounting system bolts to the roll bar with middle and rear brackets as well as pillar brackets that secure to the existing front windshield hinge. This unobtrusive, high performance, nearly indestructible mounting solution allows you to quickly remove the Freedom Panels and works with the hard top or with no roof at all.
- Full Size Slimline II tray measures: 2368mm/93.2” x 1425mm/56.1”
- Freedom Panels can be quickly and easily removed with rack in place.
- 4 brackets attach to roll bar while 2 pillars mount to windshield hinge.
- The cargo weight is evenly distributed across the roll bars and body of the jeep, placing zero weight on the hard top itself.
- Works with hard top or without hard top
- Fits all 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler 5-Door (JK).
- Unlike most exoskeleton style roof rack mounting systems, the JK Extreme mount can be used with all aftermarket bumpers.
- The all stainless steel, powder coated mounting system makes this mounting system virtually rust free.
- All racks and accessories are built for off road durability with on road sophistication.
- The Slimline II Tray is made entirely of lightweight, high tensile aluminum with a strength to weight ratio unmatched in the industry.
- Powder coated aluminum will not rust.
- Can remove slats on rack above Freedom Panels for unobstructed rooftop access.
- ADDITIONAL SLATS can be installed to create a solid platform for sleeping or sitting.
- Add the optional EXPEDITION RAILS to give your rack the classic style basket shape.
- Over 25 Front Runner Rack accessories are available to easily and securely mount snow boards, bicycles, tents, kayaks, propane, tables, cases, logs, solar panels, fuel, and much more.
- Add the optional FRONT RUNNER JEEP JK INTERIOR RACK to stretch your packing and storage options even further.
- The Slimline II is the most versatile and durable roof rack available.
- All Slimline II racks and mounting systems ship free.
- (*to the lower 48 states)
If you plan to use this mounting system with your hard top, you will be required to drill through your hard top.
Although this installation isn’t complicated and can be done with standard drill bits, please review our installation instructions in the link below. Assembling the tray and mounting the rack to your Jeep should take no more than 3.5 hours. If you are uncomfortable with this installation, feel free to take the kit and the installation instructions to your favorite mechanic.
MORE ON THE SLIMLINE II ROOF RACK from FRONT RUNNER
THE SLIMLINE II IS STRONG. Unlike most roof racks, the Slimline II was designed and built specifically for off-road use. Manufactured with high density aluminum and rated to carry up to 300kg/660 lbs * the Front Runner Slimline II can withstand the stress of any adventure.
The load support slats fit into a double walled aluminum extrusion channel on the side profiles and are secured via locking nuts. This patented design creates a joint support that is stronger than usual for a roof rack.
The Slimline II’s L-shaped rear and front slat design increases the strength of the entire rack, making the Slimline II the lightest and the strongest roof rack available. (*the rack must always be loaded in accordance with the vehicle’s load rating specifications).
THE SLIMLINE II IS LIGHTWEIGHT. Aluminum is on average 30% lighter than steel. The new Front Runner all aluminum Slimline II patented design offers the best strength to weight ratio of any roof rack. The all aluminum Front Runner Slimline II can withstand greater stresses than the best all-steel roof rack at 1/3rd less the weight.
The extra strength and lightness of the Slimline II allows heavier loads to be carried on the roof of the vehicle more safely compared to comparable all-steel roof racks. Using the lighter Slimline II Roof Rack instead of a comparable all-steel rack can lessen your vehicle’s environmental impact, decrease vehicle wear, and improve gas mileage.
THE SLIMLINE II IS MODULAR. The Slimline II offers complete roof rack design flexibility. No other roof rack available today can be assembled by the customer to meet their specific needs.
More slats can be added to create a solid platform option for sleeping and/or sitting and enjoying sundowners. Slats can also be removed to create unobstructed access through a T-top or sunroof.
A full size rack can be quickly converted to a shorter rack with the purchase of a pair of shorter side rails. Or a smaller rack can be made longer with the purchase of longer side rails and additional slats.
Expedition style rails can even be effortlessly added to create the classic roof rack basket shape. If any individual component of the roof rack becomes accidentally damaged, the part can be swapped out without having to replace the entire tray.
THE SLIMLINE II IS LOW PROFILE. Because of the unique T-slot mounting system, “basket style” side rails are not necessary. This flat deck design is unobtrusive and compliments the lines of today’s automobiles. Because there are no side rails, it’s easier and quicker to remove stored gear and it’s also possible to mount a roof top tent. For city use, the lower profile affords easier access to underground car parks and garages. By minimizing the profile, there is less drag and noise than the typical roof rack - thereby increasing fuel efficiency and increasing performance. To further reduce wind noise, all Front Runner Slimline II roof racks come with Wind Deflectors included.
THE SLIMLINE II IS DURABLE. A roof rack should last as long as your vehicle. Most roof racks available today will rust, chip, and/or crack after being exposed to the elements. The Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack will take the abuse of the sun, the rain, the gear, as well as whatever condition road you drive on.
The Slimline II tray is manufactured in South Africa entirely with corrosion free aluminum while the mounting solutions are either all aluminum or stainless steel -- ensuring a lifetime of dependability.
As an extra layer of protection, all Front Runner Slimline II roof racks and mounting solutions are powder coated satin black with one of the industry’s most durable and lasting finishes - Akzonobel’s Interpon 600 (CPO 6034). This weather resistant powder coating is formulated for exterior uses and far exceeds industry standards, with the finish showing no visible damage at 500 hours of continuous salt spray.
THE SLIMLINE II IS VERSATILE. The Slimline II offers easy on and off mounting for any type of adventure gear. No more untying, unstrapping, un-netting the entire contents of your roof rack to remove one item. The t-slot slats and slotted side rails offer complete mounting flexibility. Loads are independently secured anywhere on the top, sides, or bottom of the rack using Front Runner’s unique bolt on system.
The Slimline II offers limitless possibilities for the end user to customize the arrangement of over 25 Front Runner roof rack accessories.
Front Runner offers roof top solutions for securing water, fuel, tents, bikes, braai* grates, skis, fishing rods, surfboards, axes, recovery jacks, spades*, bottle openers, clothes, kayaks, lights, tables, gas*, rescue tracks, spare tyres*, suitcases, chairs, potjie pots* and snowboards. *For you Americans, that’s BBQ, shovels, propane, tires and cast iron pots. You read that correct. Cast iron pots. And if you can’t find a Front Runner accessory for your particular brand of adventure -- secure whatever you like via bolts and the t-slots or try the Front Runner Eye Nuts with the Front Runner Stratchit. The possibilities are endless.