Staying safe is paramount in a recovery situation, which is why correctly rated gear should be at the forefront of selecting the right recovery equipment for your situation. The ARB Soft Connect Shackle is manufactured using UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecule Weight Polyethylene) a high tensile CE certified rope used in many synthetic rope applications like winches and purpose-built tow straps. Rated at a 32,000lbs breaking strength, the ARB Soft Connect Shackle is engineered to float in water, be resistant to short term UV radiation and provide superior strength in a recovery situation.
To provide protection to the UHMWPE rope used, the shackle is encased in a Hypalon™ sleeve. Hypalon™ provides excellent abrasion resistance and shields against cuts and abrasions to the UHMWPE rope.
Note: Replacement Hypalon™ sleeves are available in packs of 2. (part number ARB2017SLV)
The soft shackle connection is formed by passing the large ball end knot through the open loop, the loop tightens around the knot when used and pulls securely against the large formed knot during the recovery. Moreover, the loop tightens securely around the knot forming the connection. The ARB Soft Connect Shackle is suitable for vehicles up to 7700lbs.
ARB’s Soft Connect Shackle acts as a fuse in a recovery situation, breaking generally before any rated metal components it’s attached too should break at. The ARB Soft Connect Shackle also provides flexibility for attaching your strap to a rated recovery point on your vehicle. As always, follow correct recovery procedures to ensure a safer and more successful recovery.
Protect and store your ARB Soft Connect Shackle when not in use in the included draw string carry bag. Made of mesh and nylon, this case will allow for sufficient drying, as well as, protecting and providing easy storage in your recovery kit.
• 32,000lbs breaking strength, suitable for vehicles up to 7700lbs
• UV resistant properties
• Water resistant & floats
• Flexible – attaches to most rated recovery points
• Manufactured from CE certified high tensile UHMWPE (ISO 2307)
• Safer than a steel shackle when used correctly
• Instructions printed on storage bag as well as included in handy print form
• Replacement sleeves – ARB2017SLV available for purchase
• ARB 2 year warranty against defects
• UHMWPE (ISO 2307) synthetic rope
• 12mm x 12 strand rope
• Tested in house to ARB’s stringent requirements
• Consistent 32,000lbs (142kN) breaking point in a controlled environment
• Comprehensive testing in field – winching, snatch blocks & snatch strap
• Hypalon™ sleeve for superior abrasion resistance
• Not for lifting purposes
• Suitable for vehicles using an 17,637lbs recovery strap
Tech Spec - Dimensions:
• Packaging – 9.8in x 5.9 x 2.8in & 0.6lbs
• Soft Shackle – 22.8in length & 0.4lbs
Steel Shackles vs Soft Shackles
Class 6 steel shackles are manufactured for the lifting industry and have a published working load limit (e.g. WLL 10,471lbs). To achieve this rating, they must have a breaking strength that is at least 6 times the WLL. Soft shackles have a published breaking strength (e.g. 32,000lbs). This breaking strength is similar to the rating of a synthetic winch rope or snatch strap where the value represents the point where a new product will fail. Wear and/or moisture can cause a reduction in breaking strength. Soft shackles will break if overstressed, but this is a much safer alternative to a steel shackle breaking or becoming overstressed.
Currently there are no reviews for this product. Share your opinion with others, be the first to write a review.